Happy 2018 guys! We’ve already kicked off the new year on all our other platforms, but we wanted our first blog post to be our League Year Resolutions for each other! It’s like New Year’s Resolutions, except for League, and hopefully we’ll actually keep them.
We’ll be trying to keep up with these on stream throughout the year so you can watch our progress live and in our highlight videos if you choose, and we’ll also be writing updates on how we’re doing with all of our goals every few months.
Chelsea (written by tect)
- Branch into more classes/positions
- Tank top and jungle (Maokai, Ornn, Shyvana, Sejuani, Galio, Vi)
- AP top (Kayle, Kennen, Diana, Vladimir, Ekko)
- AD mid (Talon, Kayle)
- AP jungler (Elise, Warwick, Evelynn)
- Hyper carry ADC (Xayah, Jinx, Kog’Maw, Vayne)
- Utility ADC (Sivir, Ashe, Jhin, Varus)
- Learn to CS better with auto attacks only (use practice tool/bot games) – get all CS without using abilities
- Use summoner spells offensively instead of defensively
- Reach Gold 5 (and earn the Victorious Skin!)
- Learn to play by at least occasionally unlocking camera in order to make TP plays or pay closer attention to other lanes
- Learn to “play champion select” by picking champions that take into consideration team compositions, lane matchups, scaling, and comfort (occasionally)
- Learn to better identify recall timings early game, when to push vs back off mid game, and when to split or group mid-late game
- Practice tower dives and “juggling” tower aggro with tank supports
- Practice flashing during an ability’s cast time (ex. Ahri E flash, Leona E flash)
- Anivia: Learn how to use her wall effectively – specifically, to help land Qs and trap enemies in ults
- Sona: identify when to select the ideal power chord and target (and actually hit champions instead of minions), practice her flash-R engage
- Soraka: Watch solo lanes and jungle (by unlocking camera) to turn a fight with a cross-map ult. Learn to abuse her level 1 power by using more auto attacks in between Qs
- Tank supports: recognize when aggression and dives are better options than peeling for the ADC, roam to help other lanes (specifically by rushing mobility boots)
- Lissandra: Learn how to do a safe long-range engage (for example E over a wall into a flash-R then hourglass yourself)
Tect (written by Chelsea)
- Reach Diamond 3
- Aim for more proactive decision making when losing rather than relying on waiting it out/farming in lane or in jungle
- Play safer when winning
- Call shots using both chat and pings, rather than just relying on one or the other – trust your instincts (within reason)
- Strive to be as clear as possible in chat communication, using full words/sentences when time permits and explaining reasoning
- When you don’t have your own ideas of what to do, be more open minded and willing to take suggestions from teammates without being critical
- When you have the opportunity, play ADC or support in normal games (without a partner) to work on the above skills
- Add two new top-laners and three new junglers to your regular roster (currently consisting of Yasuo, Pantheon, Renekton, Maokai, Lissandra, Elise and Kha’Zix) from the following list (open to suggestions though): Fiora, Shen, Galio, Nidalee, Zac, Diana, Camille, Quinn, Riven, Irelia, Jarvan IV, Evelynn, Vi, Kayn, Hecarim, Lee Sin
For those of you who watch us regularly, feel free to let us know what you’d add to our goals or challenges you have for us (though we can’t promise we’ll listen).
Aside from that, we’ll see you guys on stream/Youtube and I hope everyone is having a great start to their year!
Death snack of the month: Lays BBQ Chips
P.S. In case you missed it, we have a new stream schedule! View it here.